California State Summer School Arts Foundation (CSSSA Foundation)
Summary: The CSSSA Foundation is looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic Alumni Coordinator to work full-time in its Los Angeles office. The alumni coordinator will be cultivating relationships with alumni to build a strong community of creatives and foster a culture of giving. This is an exciting time to be a part of the CSSSA Foundation as our alum are emerging as leaders within the creative industries.
- Conduct research, gather data, determine best means of outreach, and re-familiarize alum with CSSSA using social media as well as email and direct mail.
- Manage current social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin - and possibly add more!
- Brainstorm and collaborate on strategies to capitalize on current alumni relationships
- Develop and execute three alumni events per year (in L.A., SF, and the Central Valley). Scope of events: alumni panels with reception and live entertainment.
- Conceptualize services needed by alum to be available on our website – and execute them (with oversight).
- Conduct (or facilitate) alumni interviews for website and newsletters.
- Expand and maintain college partnerships that provide alum with tuition discounts and work with college scholarship winners to allocate funds to schools.
- Generate, maintain, and update email distribution and mailing lists. Maintain alumni records in database.
- Assist with general office duties, including administrative tasks, ordering supplies, coordinating travel, preparing for quarterly Board meetings, database management, etc.
- Experience in community-building
- Strong knowledge of and experience with social media platforms. Understanding of best practices for each platform. Ability to create content, execute campaigns, and manage community engagement
- Excellent written communication skills with command of grammar and style
- Fluency with standard office software as well as basic database skills
- Ability to think out-of-the-box
- Understand people (be a People Person!)
- 4-year college degree from an accredited school
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Tech-savvy; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience working at a community college or university – or a non-profit
Applicants can send in a cover letter and resume to: Julie@csssaf.org